If you prefer to read this in German, please click here.
As part of Wunderflats, you help people find a new home wherever they can embrace unique opportunities. To help you find suitable tenants for your apartment in these challenging times, we have put together the following tips.
Optimise your listing with just a few clicks to receive more booking requests and thus more bookings:
1. The perfect listing: For a realistic first impression of your apartment
What helps to get more booking requests, besides a reasonable rental price?
- A detailed and informative listing text: This is the best opportunity to convince prospective tenants of your Wunderflat. Always make sure to write the text in English and German to increase the number of potential tenants.
We use an algorithm to analyse the information you provide in your listing. We then show your listing first to those tenants who are most likely to be interested in your apartment. The more helpful information you provide, the more tenants you are likely to attract.
- Expressive photos: Listings with a broad selection of high-quality pictures achieve up to 25 % higher demand on Wunderflats. Listings with at least 20 photos are most successful with us.
A general overview of the topic you can find in our blog article Das perfekte Wohnungsinserat: So vermieten Sie Ihre möblierte Wohnung auf Zeit erfolgreich (in German).
2. The ideal furniture: For a feel-good home
As soon as they arrive, Wunderflats’ tenants want to feel at home. Your apartment should therefore be equipped with all the basics for a comfortable and functional everyday life. Often it’s the little things that make an apartment particularly worth living in, such as an extra blanket on the couch.
Nearly 60 % of our tenants rent a Wunderflat for professional reasons. Especially now with the increase in people working from home, a reliable, fast internet connection, a comfortable office chair and a desk are particularly important for many people.
Make sure you mention these features in the text of your listing and show photos of them.
3. Flexibility: Being considerate in challenging times
- Adjusting the rent or minimum rental period: In case you are currently receiving fewer booking requests than usual, we recommend that you temporarily reduce your rental price or to adjust the minimum rental period. This will bring you closer to the current needs of your tenants: Many are experiencing great uncertainty, significant loss of income or need a place to live for a short-term period.
- Be understanding with cancellation requests: Some tenants may feel bound to cancel their stay due to Corona. We therefore ask you kindly to be understanding with cancellation requests. We at Wunderflats will do our very best to seamlessly find an alternative tenant for you.
- Quick responses are helpful for both sides: Landlords/-ladies who respond to requests from prospective tenants within one day receive more actual bookings. With short reaction times, you increase your chances of renting out successfully. At the same time, you help tenants find a home more quickly.
4. Corona compliant behaviour: For a safe tenancy
Point out your Corona compliant behaviour in your listing. This creates security on both sides. The following points are all the more important to many potential tenants:
- If possible, offer a virtual tour of your apartment via video call instead of an on-site viewing appointment.
- Only arrange a hand-over of keys when you and your tenants feel healthy. Follow the rules for hygiene and reducing contacts: keeping distance – hygiene – wearing a face mask.
- If there is a change of tenant, make sure that a thorough final cleaning of your apartment is done before new tenants move in.
5. The perfect booking dates: For the best possible occupancy rate
Always keep the availability of your Wunderflat up to date, so that potential tenants can make a suitable booking request. To do this, select Availability in your dashboard. Either import the availability from your iCalendar or enter it manually.
If interested tenants request a booking period that does not suit you, you can suggest a new booking period +/- one month.
To do so, select the respective booking request in your dashboard and reject it with the option „Dates don’t work“. Then you can directly select your ideal move-in and/or move-out date. We will forward your suggestion to the potential tenants. You can find out more about this in our FAQ.
6. The bureaucratic side: For a smooth registration process
For many tenants, the possibility of registering with the authorities (Anmeldung) is a crucial factor for choosing a new home. In your listing, you can indicate the option to hand out a lessor’s confirmation of residence (Wohnungsgeberbestätigung) to your tenants as a feature of your apartment. This will make your flat more visible and attractive to potential tenants.
You can find a detailed article on this topic in our blog: Die Wohnungsgeberbestätigung beim möblierten Wohnen auf Zeit (in German).
Improve the attractiveness and visibility of your Wunderflat now and increase the number and quality of booking requests.
War der Artikel hilfreich?
Anmerkungen zu Carina Heye's Artikel?